PRIVACY AND OTHER POLICIES
You may provide personal information to us through our website or through other correspondence with us, which we may collect in order to provide our services to you. Personal information you provide to us is only used, stored and transferred as required for us to fulfill the purpose for which you’re providing the information, and for us to provide our services to you. For instance, we may use your contact information to contact you, and in storing your information to keep track of your booking, it may be stored with a third party data storage provider which may be located outside of Canada. We may also need to transfer your personal information to third party payment service providers to process your payment for our services, and they may be located outside of Canada. Any third parties to which you provide your personal information directly will be subject to their privacy policies rather than ours. If you need to update or correct the personal information you provide to us, please contact us through the contact information provided on our website. You may also be able to, and wish to, withdraw your consent to use your personal information, so please contact us if that’s the case.
- Stringent cleaning protocols will ensure that all high touch surfaces on the boat are sterilized before each trip. Hand sanitizer will be readily available onboard and guests will be asked to use it before boarding. Our Captain and crew will do the same.
- Social distancing is not always possible while sailing, so the Captain and crew will wear face masks when necessary; our guests are asked to do the same. If you do not have your own face mask, we will provide a mask for you to use onboard and take with you after the trip. To increase social distancing, we have set a limit of six guests although Oak Haven has capacity for ten. All food and drink provided will be individually packaged, to be consumed only when appropriate physical distancing can be maintained. Our policy has always been BYOB, which remains in effect for your convenience and safety.
- Wellness checks will be performed daily by our Captain and crew who will only only report for work if healthy and symptom-free; we ask our guests to do the same. If anyone reports symptoms and we are unable to sail together on the appointed day, we will work with you to cancel or reschedule your sail tour. Our pre-departure briefing will include a review to ensure our guests are complying with current public safety guidelines. We have been asked by Public Health to collect contact information for all guests in case it is required.
- If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out!
- Cancel your booking for any reason up to 10 days in advance of your tour and receive a full refund.
- Cancel your booking less than 10 days in advance and forfeit your payment.
- If, for example in the event of severe weather, the Captain determines it is unsafe to sail, we will reschedule your tour this season at your convenience or refund you 100% of your payment.
- At Sail and See we make every effort to provide you with a safe and enjoyable sailing experience.
- We assure you that we mitigate risks by equipping our vessel for your safety in accordance with Transport Canada requirements for passenger vessels.
- Our Captain and crew are fully certified.
- Guests should be aware that there is an element of risk involved in sailing activities: wind and weather can change unexpectedly, equipment issues or other guests can contribute to mishap or injury.
- The ultimate decision for participation lies with the individual.
- You will be asked before departure to to sign our Participation Agreement to confirm your acceptance of the risks inherent in this activity.
- Guests are required to arrive 15 minutes before departure for a Transport Canada mandated safety briefing.
If you have questions or concerns please give us a call.