Sail in Nova Scotia
Private Charter Tours and Packages on Mahone Bay
- Sail in Nova Scotia on a private charter with Captain for your group of up to 6 guests.
- Explore breathtaking views of the South Shore on board the 35-foot Island Packet sail yacht Oak Haven.
- Navigate local history, legends, see abundant wildlife, breathe in the natural environment and learn about sailing too!
HALF-DAY SAIL TOUR
Sail in Nova Scotia on a HALF-DAY SAIL TOUR with Captain on Mahone Bay for your party of up to six guests.
- Departure at 11:00 or 15:00 from the Mahone Bay Civic Marina for a 3-hour sail.
- Experience hands on sailing or sit back and relax as we sail between the islands and on the open waters of the Bay; if you wish help raise, winch in and trim the sails as we tack and gybe along our course.
- Sail and See private charter with Captain Half-Day Sail Tour includes parking, snacks, non-alcoholic beverages and all safety equipment needed at $349+HST for the first four guests in your party. Add up to two additional guests for $65+HST each.
FULL-DAY SAIL TOUR
Sail in Nova Scotia on a FULL-DAY SAIL TOUR with Captain on Mahone Bay for your party of up to six guests.
- Departure at 10:00 from the Mahone Bay Civic Marina for a 6-hour sail.
- Experience hands-on sailing or sit back and relax as we sail between the islands and on the open waters of the Bay; if you wish help raise, winch in and trim the sails as we tack and gybe along our course.
- Set anchor at an island mid-day to savour a delicious locally sourced picnic lunch.
- Choose to explore one of the many ecologically significant islands in Mahone Bay conserved by the Mahone Islands Conservation Association (MICA), visit Big Tancook Island or sail past the money pit on Oak Island.
- Go for a swim or hike on the island then head out for an afternoon of sailing on the open waters of the Bay.
- Full-day sails end at dinnertime, in time to explore the quaint shops, restaurants and B&B’s in Mahone Bay within walking distance of the Marina.
- Sail and See private charter with Captain Full-Day Sail Tour includes parking, lunch, snacks, non-alcoholic beverages and all safety equipment needed at $579+HST for the first four guests in your party. Add up to two additional guests for $100+HST each
SAILS TO TRAILS
SAIL AND STAYCATION PACKAGE
Experience a Sail and See Private Charter Sail Tour plus two-nights accommodation at River Ridge Lodge.
- Half-Day or Full-Day Private Charter Sail Tour including a locally sourced picnic lunch at anchor on Full-Day sails and more as detailed above.
- Two-nights accommodation at River Ridge Lodge, the perfect home base and explorer’s paradise for your next South Shore visit. Set adjacent to the Rum Runners Trail, this is the perfect package for a Nova Scotia cycling adventure!
- Savour a hearty organic breakfast each morning served at River Ridge Lodge.
- Explore the quaint shops and restaurants in and around Mahone Bay with downtown Mahone Bay located less than a 10-minute drive from the lodge.
- Soak up the star-filled night sky each evening on the expansive and peaceful lodge grounds.
Price: Starting from $692 + HST for two guests including the Half-Day Sail Tour.
Add up to four additional guests to a maximum of six. Prices will vary depending on number of guests, room and Sail Tour selections.
GIFFORD ISLAND GLAMPING
SAIL AND STAY PACKAGE
Experience a Sail and See Full-Day Private Charter Sail Tour plus two-nights glamping on Gifford Island.
- Full-Day Private Charter Sail Tour including a locally sourced picnic lunch at anchor and more as detailed above, sailing directly from Gifford Island. Parking for your vehicle and return transportation to Gifford Island is included in the package price.
- Relax oceanside for two-nights in a fully-equipped luxurious glamping tent nestled in the woods on Gifford Island.
- Savour authentic Austrian breakfasts prepared by your Gifford Island hosts.
- Return from sailing to indulge on the beach or on your private deck.
- Prepare meals in your own outdoor kitchen with BBQ.
- The perfect romantic getaway for two or fun family adventure for up to four!
Price: $1,119 + HST for two guests. Add up to two additional guests for $150 + HST per guest. The fully equipped tent, with one enclosed bedroom, also features a pullout couch and is suitable for a family of four.
LUNENBURG & MAHONE BAY
BLUENOSE 100 CELEBRATION
SAIL AND STAY PACKAGE
- Set sail, worry free, with Captain and crew and up to four guests onboard for 2 day sailing experience. Overnight parking for your vehicle is included in the package price.
- Discover Bluenose’s home waters of Mahone and Lunenburg Bays and the ocean that joins them, then into Lunenburg Harbour where this iconic schooner first sailed 100 years ago!
- Enjoy a three-course dinner ashore at Lincoln Street Food, a modern, coastal neighbourhood kitchen serving market inspired fresh food.
- Stay overnight at the historic Alicion B&B, the prefect haven for your Lunenburg visit.
- After a delicious breakfast at the Alicion B&B, join us back onboard to chart the day’s course back to Mahone Bay.
- Locally-sourced picnic lunches served daily on board or at anchor depending on sea conditions and your preferences
Price: $1,759 plus HST for two guests. Add up to two additional guests for $300 + plus HST per guest.
CELEBRATIONS ON BOARD
Whether you are celebrating a birthday or anniversary, planning a romantic proposal, or making arrangements for an intimate elopement, the breathtaking beauty of the South Shore is the perfect backdrop. Sail and See would love to be a part of your event; contact us to discuss a personalized experience for any of your life events and celebrations.
In 2020 we introduced COVID 19 pandemic protocols and made a few changes to our operations to make our guests’ sailing experience as safe as possible. For the 2021 season we will maintain these practices and related protocols as we continue to be guided by Public Health.